Did You Move For Work Or School?

March 17, 2017 11:47 am

If you moved closer to your work or school, you may be eligible to claim moving expenses.  Here are the rules.  Call our office if you need help or more information:

Line 219 – Moving expenses

You can claim eligible moving expenses if:

  • you moved and established a new home to work or run a business at a new location; or
  • you moved to be a student in full-time attendance in a post-secondary program at a university, college or other educational institution.

To qualify, your new home must be at least 40 kilometres (by the shortest usual public route) closer to your new work or school.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *